Worker Alert: Scaffolding and Facade Safety
Façade work performed on scaffolding can be extremely dangerous. Workers must follow safety procedures at all times to prevent serious injury or even death.
To help those engaged in New York City façade construction work, DOB issued a new Worker Alert. This Worker Alert offers practical guidance on how to perform façade construction work safely.
Read the full Alert for best practices and potential life-saving information like:
· Getting properly trained before you step on a scaffold. Find a DOB-approved course provider.
· Utilizing fall protection properly. Wearing a harness is not enough!
· Exercising extreme care when removing coping stones.
· Practicing safe sequencing.
· Do not use stand-off brackets. Stand-off brackets are dangerous and prohibited.
Request a Corner/Angle Scaffold Inspection
Proper scaffold set up is essential. For requests of a DOB inspection of corner/angle scaffolds, a Corner/Angle Scaffold Inspection Request Form must be submitted.